RE=FUELING – Just before heading out the operator of the pleasure craft should fuel up.
The following procedures should be used to fuel;
- dock the craft;
- ensure all persons not involved in the fueling are ashore;
- do not smoke in the fueling area;
- shut down all engines;
- extinguish all open flames;
- switch off all electrical equipment;
- close all doors, windows, and ports;
- move portable tanks ashore;
- ground nozzle against filler pipe;
- do not over fill tank to prevent overflow;
- clean up spillage;
- activate ventilation in engine compartment for four minutes by the exhaust fan before the ignition is switched on;
- check for fuel vapor odors.